Are you interested in starting your academic journey at the Bible College of Western Australia?
Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of skills in leadership to Christians based on demonstrated understanding of Christianity.
There are no pre-requisites for admission to this qualification, except that students must have sufficiently advanced reading and writing skills to meet course requirements.
You might find that the names of subjects actually offered are not the same as the unit titles. For example, there may be Introduction to the Old Testament, Introduction to the New Testament, and studies of particular books in the Bible.
Six compulsory units
CMTTHE501A Analyse and interpret theological beliefs in the light of current thinkingCMTTHE502A Analyse and interpret theological dataCMTTHE503A Research and analyse information within a theological theme or issueCMTTHE504A Identify new theological informationCMTMIN501A Relate theological ideas to the Christian way of lifeCMTMIN502A Communicate theology in a clear form
At least four electives
Electives should reflect specific theological and ministry emphases (e.g. youth ministry, community involvement) and should be adapted to the students' ministry situation.
Elective units may include:
Relevant electives listed below
Units at Diploma level or higher in the Community Services Training Package
Electives may not include any core units from a higher level Christian Ministry and Theology qualification.
- CHCADMIN403D Undertake administrative workCHCCS422B Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately
- CHCCD404E Develop and implement community programs
- CHCCOM504B Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication
- CHCNET503D Develop new networks
- CHCORG506E Coordinate the work environment
- CHCORG525D Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- CHCORG529B Provide coaching and motivation
- CHCORG624E Provide leadership in community services delivery