Are you interested in starting your academic journey at the Bible College of Western Australia?
Certificate IV in christian ministry and theology
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of skills for a Christian ministry context:
- Understand Christain teachings and basic Christian beliefs
- Communicate Christian beliefs and teachings to some Christian and some non-Christian audiences
- Take on inttroductory ministry leadership roles.
There are no pre-requisites for the core competency units in this qualification, except that students must have sufficiently advanced reading and writing skills to meet course requirements.
You might find that the names of subjects actually offered are not the same as the unit titles. For example, there may be Introduction to the Old Testament, Introduction to the New Testament, and studies of particular books in the Bible.
Six compulsory units
CMTTHE401A Discuss the nature of the Bible and present day Christian life and practiceCMTTHE402A Interpret theological dataCMTTHE403A Investigate information within a theological theme or issueCMTTHE404A Gain new personal revelationCMTMIN401A Explore ideas about God in relation to the way we live as ChristiansCMTMIN402A Communicate theological information
At least three electives
Electives should reflect specific theological and ministry emphases (e.g. youth ministry, community involvement, music/ worship) and should be adapted to the students' ministry situation.
Elective units may include:
Relevant electives listed below
Units at Certificate IV or higher in the Community Services Training Package
Electives may not include any core units from a higher level Christian Ministry and Theology qualification.
- CHCMH301C Work effectively in mental health
- CHCCOM302D Communicate appropriately with clients and colleagues
- CHCCS422B Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately
- CHCCD404E Develop and implement community programs
- CHCCHILD403B Promote the safety, well-being and welfare of children, young people and their families
- CHCCD413E Work within specific communities
- CHCCD509C Support community leadership
- CHCCOM403A Use targeted communication skills to build relationships