Are you interested in starting your academic journey at the Bible College of Western Australia?
Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry
This qualification relates to senior Christian leadership and scholarly thought in theology and ministry.
Entry to this qualification is subject to the applicant having successfully achieved the six core units of the Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology or equivalent.
Satisfactory completion of Year 12 is recommended, but applicants without it will be considered.
Six compulsory units
- CMTTHE601A Analyse and critique religious traditions in the light of current thinking
- CMTTHE602A Analyse and critique theological data
- CMTTHE603A Analyse and critique data within a theological theme or issue
- CMTTHE604A Critique new insights on theological information
- CMTMIN601A Synthesise theological ideas and the Christian way of life
- CMTMIN602A Communicate theology in substantial depth
At least four electives
Electives should be adapted to the students' ministry situation and should reflect specific theological and ministry emphases, e.g. youth ministry, community involvement, leadership development, music and worship, etc.
Elective units may include:
Relevant electives listed below
Units packaged at Advanced Diploma level or higher in the Community Services Training Package
Units packaged at Advanced Diploma level or higher in other endorsed National Training Packages or accredited courses (Where appropriate to address workplace requirements).
Electives may not include any core units from a higher or lower level Christian Ministry and Theology qualification in this Training Product.
- CHCCD505E Develop community resources
- CHCCD606C Establish and develop community organisations
- CHCCS422B Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately
- CHCMH301C Work effectively in mental health
- CHCORG428A Reflect and improve upon professional practice
- CHCORG610B Manage change in a community sector organisation
- CHCORG611C Lead and develop others in a community sector workplace
- CHCORG627B Provide mentoring support to colleagues
- CHCPOL403C Undertake research activities